Saturday, December 13, 2008

UKC Trial HIT!

by Carol Wolfram
Saturday I went to a UKC show with both Lark and Tessa. Lark was entered in Utility A for the very first time and Tessa was entered in Open B to try for the first leg of her U-CDX. We had a very successful day. The morning started with Lark winning the Utility A class with a 188!!! I was soooo happy with her. Utility is a tough class at the best of times and UKC has some challenges that the AKC utility class doesn't have. Lark did a great job especially since I just entered her to see where we were in our training. Looks like we are ready to try again! After Utility came Open B and Tessa was totally on top of things. She never took her eyes off me and wound up winning the class with a 198. She is such a wonderful worker! I just love to take her in the ring. At the end of the day after all the other classes Tessa still had the highest score so she was High in Trial. I couldn't have asked for a better day! Laurie Beck was there as well with Page (in Open B and Utility B) and Belle (in Novice C) and she was very complimentary about how both my girls worked (OK, especially Tessa!) Many thanks to Laurie for all your support at these shows.